Thursday 5 July 2012

Tips for a Better Marriage

Posted by Mike at 19:11


Please be aware that I'm not a marriage counsellor and I don't advocate to be a trained or suitably qualified expert.
Listed below are my views and what I've figured out this far in my marriage. My hope is to offer a guide to our young, in hope it will help them respect themselves and one another and what to look out for as the warning signs of a possible unhealthy marriage or partnership.
I hope this list helps you and your loved ones. Please share with everyone you know. We don't truly knows what happens behind closed doors and it may help someone you know, that you didn't know needed any help. Domestic violence is rarely noticeable from the outside. It is also a very slow and progressive slippery slope.
The comments below are not biased in nature and are intended for both sexes; with the exception of number fourteen.
1.   Vows are a promise not a contract.
2.   No one should agree to obey anyone, unless you're a pet.
3.   Choose your fights don't pick them.
4.   Males listen up; sex is not making love and a woman's body is not a public toilet.
5.   Fidelity is not just reserved for sex. Would you cheat on your best friend or share what you do with everyone else you have in your life or a perfect stranger. No, why would you? Don't do it to your spouse, they're your best friend for life, your partner in life, respect them. Don't talk about them behind their back. It's supposed to be you and them against the world. Don't sit in judgment of them, you're not perfect. Figure out how to fix it together!
6.   Don't sit in separate lounge chairs, sit together and tickle each other's forehead or hold hands. It's called being intimate.
7.   Don't sit at the table opposite each other; you'll become the opposition to each other. Sit at the table next to each other, pick off one another's plate or better still feed each other.
8.   Don't be the time, where and who have you been with police. You haven't married a child and this type of behaviour engages mistrust. Mistrust builds walls and creates barriers. Respect each other's individual lives and interests.
9.   Respect each other's right for privacy and space and that also means keep out of each other's drawers, pockets and bags. Ladies, there are usually surprises in there; don't be so flamin nosey. You're the one that ends up missing out on the surprise.
10.     If your partner cheats- leave and don't go back! That ship has left the port and sailed way out into the middle of the ocean. If you go back they know you're a door mat. They know they shouldn't have cheated in the first place. They knew if you found out you would be hurt. It didn't stop them cheating knowing all that. Why would they stop cheating if you went back? They don't care; they're selfish, move on!
11.     Be together when you both want it. If it's forced, then one of you is in control of the other.
12.     Don't hit, yell, intimidate, manipulate or curse. Again I say, you're not children. Talk you fools, communicate!
13.     Don't presume to make plans without considering your partner. They have a life too and it shouldn't revolve around what you do. If it does, then what happened to the life they had before you.
14.     Women; men at the core still prefer to be the pursuer even in this modern day and age! Even in the marriage, make him work for it. Would you just give it away normally? What makes marriage any different? The chase keeps the spice alive.
15.     He knew you when he married you, so don't change who you are at the core. Tell him what you like and if you don't feel comfortable then why are you married to him- he is after all supposed to be your best friend, is he not? You're supposed to be a team, not a game, set and match.
16.     A good marriage requires work. A great marriage requires consistent work, and a mirage is an imaginary friend. Don't confuse them.
17.     And last but not least; if you see something you want or feel the need to change in the person you're with, please, for the love of everyone who knows you, do not get married to that person because it is highly probable that they're not the right one for you. No one is perfect, so you have to decide whether you find their faults endearing or annoying and can you live with them, without ever feeling the need to change them.
So, there are my list of do's and don'ts. All situations are different and only some of the above will apply to you. But if you can tick most of these tips off as that which you're doing correctly, then I believe you're heading in the right direction.
Good luck to all of you.
Debra Wattes
Article Source: Here

3 comments:

George Sharon on 19 May 2021 at 11:05 said...

after 4 years of suffering . my husband left me and my kids hated me for no reason, i got sacked at work without any genuine reasons, i shared tears daily living a lonely life but i was determined to know what is the cost of my predicament, one day as i was going through some articles on the internet i saw a testimony of mrs Vanessa testifying how she got her life revived by dr Ogbeifun the honest man and i quickly contacted him VIA ( ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com ) and i explained my situation to him and he told me my ex who i broke up with to marry my husband was responsible for my misfortune and he vows to frustrate my life because i didn't marry him.
dr Ogbeifun ask me what i wanted him to do to my ex who is after my life i told him to cast a dead spell on him because as long as he is alive he will never allow me a moment of peace , which he did and within 3 days he was dead and since his death my life have been so transformed, my kids now love me and my husband is back to me i latter got a call to return to work that the sack was a mistake , wow what a miracle .. thanks allot dr Ogbeifun. you can contact dr Ogbeifun via call or whatsapp +2348102574680 or through his email ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com

MATINA on 5 July 2021 at 02:31 said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Purpplebae on 19 November 2021 at 12:28 said...

I've found that only effective communication can fix the emotional disconnect in marriage. I use the word 'effective' because you can say the wrong thing even if your intentions are good. Approach it tactfully enough, and your partner might share something that's been eating them up. I confronted my husband about his late nights and lack of sexual connection in our marriage, but he wasn't ready to talk about it. I contacted this Professional I.T Genius " hackingloop6@gmail .com ", who hacked his phone and gained me remote access to his phone activities, I confronted my husband with the proof of his infidelity and had to tell him that I got his phone hacked. He pleaded for all the cheating and negligence, and promised never to cheat on me again. Communication can really play a great role in any relationship. You can also reach out to hackingloop6@gmail .com, also on + 1 (612) 502 - 3647, if your partner's commitment is in doubt.

Post a Comment

 

SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos