Tuesday 28 August 2012

Why Don't Unhappy Husbands Just Leave Or Divorce Their Wives?

Posted by Mike at 19:52

I sometimes hear from wives who are beyond frustrated that their husband is moping around the house and putting his unhappiness on full display. Often, he seems unwilling to do anything about this and the wives often wonder why he would be willing to be so unhappy rather than attempt to change things or even to get a separation or divorce.
I heard from a wife who said: "a couple of months ago, my husband told me that he was unhappy with me and the marriage. I asked him what he wanted to do about this and his response was 'what is there to do about it?' Last night, I was nosing around on his Facebook account and I saw that he was catching up with an old buddy and saying that marriage sure isn't what he thought and that it's all very disappointing. My question is why doesn't he do something about it? Why doesn't he just divorce me then? Is it because he doesn't want to give me any money in the event of a divorce? I'm losing my patience with a man who won't take responsibility for his own happiness. What can I do?" I'll offer some suggestions in the following article.
The Various And Valid Reasons An Unhappy Man Won't Initially Pursue A Divorce:
There are many reasons that a man will initially stay in a marriage when he's unhappy. Sometimes, he is hoping that things improve. Other times, he doesn't want to bow out too quickly before he has made an attempt to change or to improve things. Still another possibility is that he believes that marriage is forever, even when it is not perfect. And yes, some men will let their wallets make the decisions for them, especially if they fear that divorce is going to be incredibly costly financially.
But regardless of his reasoning, you get to decide how you are going to react to this and where you want to go from here. Because unhappiness can always be changed with the right plan and follow through.
Why It's Better To Focus On Improving Your Marriage So That You Are Both Happier Rather Than Dwelling On Why He Stays:
Believe me when I say that I do understand your confusion and your frustration as to why he's hanging around when he's clearly unhappy. But sometimes, the fact that he hasn't left is more important than why he stays put, especially if you want to save your marriage. If deep down you truly don't want him to leave, then you are better off placing your focus on improving the happiness level in your marriage (for both of you) than spending a lot of time analyzing his behavior, which might not be rational anyway.
Improving your marriage is something over which you have a good deal of control. But, you can't necessarily change his thought process. And debating it or demanding answers isn't likely to help your situation. That's why I advocate controlling what you can. And you can start by taking inventory and figuring out what it would take to make both of you more content in your marriage.
Cultivating Your Own Happiness:
It's common for the sullen and unhappy husband to close down. He often won't talk about why he feels this way or what you could do to improve things for him. You may have to think back to things he has said or done. You may have to rewind your memory to look for clues. Of course, you can always try to ask him what you could do to make him more content with the marriage and you can stress that you can't help him if he won't open up.
I do dialog with a lot of husbands about this topic on my blog. And I can tell you that when they start talking about vague unhappiness, they are often lamenting a lack of excitement, variety, and intimacy in your marriage. Often, they want more of your attention, more of your time, and more of your affection. They want to feel as if they are important enough to you that you will make them a priority. Many feel pressured in their marriages and they don't feel that there is anything positive on the other side in order to balance this out.
So if you have no idea where or how to start, a good place to begin is always going to be trying to cultivate a sense of playfulness and adventure with your spouse. You want to have fun together so that he looks forward to being with you. Ultimately, you want for him to know that you are his safe haven and that his life will be better as soon as he comes home to you.
As you begin this process, you can watch closely for his responses. If he reacts favorably to something, do more of it. If he shows no response, make a note of that and try something else. I know that it may not feel like it, but his not leaving in spite of his unhappiness can actually be a positive thing. Because it gives you time to fix this before he eventually gets so tired of feeling unhappy that he does leave. Not many men are willing to be unhappy for a lifetime so it's important that you do whatever is necessary to make sure that you are both content.
I wish I had listened and then acted when my own husband told me he was unhappy. I just hoped that things would get better. But, of course they never did. And we eventually separated. I had a lot of catching up to do in order to get my husband back home. If it helps, you can read the whole story on my blog at http://isavedmymarriage.com
Article Source: Here

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it's about respect. I work hard, and when I get home from work I clean up after my lazy family. No one asked me before they bought a new pet into my home. No one asked me before buying a car that has cost more in repairs than I can even remember. No one asked me before purchasing a new flat screen TV on credit. I'm just supposed to work and to pay for everything. Other than that I have no say in where the money goes or what goes on in my own home. I'm a tool. A meal ticket. A money tree, but without any say in anything. When I get home from work, there is enough work to do cleaning up after my wife to keep me busy working until it's time to go back to work. So I work, and when I get home from work, I work. Then I go to work to make money, but I have no say in how it is spent.

Why do I stay? Because the scandal of divorce is unacceptable to me. Marriage is for life, for better or worse.

I only hope my life will be short. And when it's over I will leave nothing to the family that has sucked me dry for over 30 years. No life insurance, no savings. Just the sudden loss of income and slave labor. Let them starve. I don't care.

Anonymous said...

My wife was so smooth at hiding her infidelity and I had no proof for months, I saw a recommendation about a Private investigator  and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating wife’s text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone calls conversations was linked directly to my cellphone. (worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on her and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..if your wife is an expert at hiding her cheating adventures contact him. thank you


George Sharon on 19 May 2021 at 11:05 said...

after 4 years of suffering . my husband left me and my kids hated me for no reason, i got sacked at work without any genuine reasons, i shared tears daily living a lonely life but i was determined to know what is the cost of my predicament, one day as i was going through some articles on the internet i saw a testimony of mrs Vanessa testifying how she got her life revived by dr Ogbeifun the honest man and i quickly contacted him VIA ( ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com ) and i explained my situation to him and he told me my ex who i broke up with to marry my husband was responsible for my misfortune and he vows to frustrate my life because i didn't marry him.
dr Ogbeifun ask me what i wanted him to do to my ex who is after my life i told him to cast a dead spell on him because as long as he is alive he will never allow me a moment of peace , which he did and within 3 days he was dead and since his death my life have been so transformed, my kids now love me and my husband is back to me i latter got a call to return to work that the sack was a mistake , wow what a miracle .. thanks allot dr Ogbeifun. you can contact dr Ogbeifun via call or whatsapp +2348102574680 or through his email ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com

MATINA on 5 July 2021 at 02:30 said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

Purpplebae on 19 November 2021 at 12:23 said...

I needed urgent hacking assistance, and was introduced to this software genius hacker. He helped me spy on my husband without any physical access to his phone, i was able to receive his phone text messages and also messages from all his social media accounts in real time. Contact him today on 'hackingloop6@gmail. com' call or text on WhatsApp +1(484)540 - 0785, and thank me later.Tell him I referred you,he will be willing to help you. He's an ethical hacker, with accurate customer service.

Post a Comment

 

SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos